Has anyone heard of this kit?
the guys at yamaha in phoenix told me the kit comes with
all the plugs plus main and pilot jets and the needle needed
for all of the.

under $40.00

for a 05 wr 450

• Johnny34

Posted June 07, 2005 - 07:03 PM

I for one have not heard of this. I wouldn't think Yamaha would make an official kit to bypass the emissions plumbing. If it's for real, then great! :)

I'll bet the dealer copied Lowedogs kit, threw in some jets and is selling them on the side. See if the kit has an official Yamaha part number, then you'll know if it's authentic. Removing the AIS is on my to-do list.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lowedog

Posted June 07, 2005 - 08:13 PM

The GYT-R kit has been around for awhile. I actually have a Yamaha TSB that one of the guys who had bought my kit sent me. Their kit does not remove the fittings and plug the holes. It simply offers some rubber caps to cap the fittings. The kit does come with a needle, doesn't say which one, and a #48 pilot jet.

Lowedog

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 08, 2005 - 06:57 AM

I was aware too.. My dealer said they've been of back order for sometime now. The Lowedog kit is the only way to go.. :)

• dmack

Posted June 08, 2005 - 07:34 AM

thanks for the info
I have my lowedog kit on order
along with the jd jet kit

thanks guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.