Engine problems

2 replies to this topic
  • Thor_Yamaha792

Posted June 07, 2005 - 09:46 AM

[COLOR=DarkOrange]undefined[/COLOR] MY 2004 yz450f is making strange noises. usually dont ask these questions because i know my fair shair of motorcycle mechanics (not to bragg). But every time i strt my bike it never seems to want to stay running then once i can keep it running in backfires non stop until about 30 min. into the ride. CAN U GUYS/GIRLS HELP ME!!!!! :) :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MxHuggy

Posted June 07, 2005 - 01:20 PM

i would check the boot around the carb for leaks and also make sure that there is no exhaust leak as well.

When was the last time you had the carb off and cleaned it? I took mine off once and while i put it back the float got stuck. Just some suggestions :)

• Batman

Posted June 07, 2005 - 01:54 PM

[COLOR=DarkOrange]undefined[/COLOR] MY 2004 yz450f is making strange noises. usually dont ask these questions because i know my fair shair of motorcycle mechanics (not to bragg). But every time i strt my bike it never seems to want to stay running then once i can keep it running in backfires non stop until about 30 min. into the ride. CAN U GUYS/GIRLS HELP ME!!!!! :) :) :D

Thats the same sound that mine makes when I forget turn the petcock on ! Smartass comments aside , if it sounds like it's running out of gas , it probably is . I concur with MxHuggy on carb cleanliness but probably not on the exhaust leak , usually those pops and bangs come during closed throttle/decel .
Moral of story ; Check/clean carb , couldn't hurt to check for dirt in the petcock either .

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.