Jetting question

2 replies to this topic
  • skidxr

Posted June 06, 2005 - 05:09 PM

This is probably a stupid question,,, but,,, how do I know if I have the right jetting setup?

I'm in Durango, CO and ride mostly the trails around here at an elevation of 6500' but I ride Moab as well and up in the high country around 8000'...

05 WR450 with the only mods so far is the throttle stop screw shortened, the airbox snorkel removed and the plug out of the pipe...

The bike runs great as far as I can tell.. Insane power, starts easy, idles fine and no bogs at all... I hate to mess with it..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted June 06, 2005 - 05:23 PM

... I hate to mess with it...

Then don't! If it makes you happy and is bog free, then you are dialed. There are only two things I would do. The first is check your plug to see if your truly lean, rich or in the ballpark Then I'd get a Zip-Ty fuel screw just for adjustability if you need to down the road. That's it...SC

• Texas4play

Posted June 07, 2005 - 05:57 AM

I agree with Steve, if it ain't broke don't fix it! But a good checking would do no harm either.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.