WR 400F no cooling fluid / starting problem

2 replies to this topic
  • Qba

Posted June 06, 2005 - 03:18 PM

I have just bought wr 400f ‘2000 and it is may first motor. I was so happy and proud of may WR until last week. Then I experienced some problems with starting. At the beginning I thought that I do not know how to do it properly, but there was something else what disturbed me – it was very easy “to kick”, what probably means that there is problem with compression. When I was looking for source of problem I noticed that there was no cooling fluid in radiator. I do not have any idea what happened with this fluid (the oil level is OK). Could you tell me which parts I have (probably) to replace? I would like to ask you for advice where (in USA) I can buy this parts for reasonable price, because here in Poland motorbikes and parts are very expensive (for example Yamaha wr 250f ‘2005 costs about 11 500$).
Any comments or suggestions are very welcome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1rkcooper

Posted June 07, 2005 - 07:55 PM

Any idea when the valve clearance was checked last? That would be a good place to start. The other thing to check is disconnect the decompression lever from the engine and see if that makes a difference, maybe the cable is shot or sticking.

• Hamish

Posted June 08, 2005 - 12:43 AM

your two problems may be related. Overheat bike, cook piston = no compression. Like it was previously mentioned, check your valves first, then find where the water went. But I'd say you'll be pulling the top end apart anyway. You are lucky in that the 400's have serviceable valves :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.