Stuck Throttle...What a thrill!

3 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 24, 2001 - 08:32 PM

Howdy folks,
Been monitoring from afar,but recent events have me seeking the wisdom of the people. I opted for the XR650R over the WR mainly because I'm 6'3" 200lbs and need dual-sport duty. This sucker is a bruiser..Sure moves though. The other day (After rotating my handlebars forward significantly)I gave 'er some gas in a quick left hand turn. To my surprise, the throttle stuck and I found myself doin' cookies! Because I was in a fairly open area it really wasn't a big deal, but a pre-ride inspection would have prevented the fun. Anyway, I have a fairly basic question. Will simply adjusting the throttle freeplay solve my cable-binding problem (during hard left turns), or is something more drastic in order? Thanks all, and forgive me for invading the sanctity of Yama WoRld. Jon.

• MN_Kevin

Posted February 25, 2001 - 08:37 AM

My experience w/ the throttle "Pulling" with the handlebars cranked to either side is one of a cable routing problem or the throttle cable is too short.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • imported_Scott_H

Posted February 25, 2001 - 04:19 PM

Tank driver,

E-mail Clark Mason (a genuine good dude that likes to help folks out)

c_jmason@pacbell.netand

He will hook you up with what sounds like a pretty good xr650r board with 1000+ posts on all the 650r ins and outs.

Good luck

Scott

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 26, 2001 - 11:03 PM

Howdy,
Thanks all. Scott, will do. Thanks a lot for the info!

Jon

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.