jetting ? for you xr guys.....

5 replies to this topic
  • clearedforlanding

Posted June 06, 2005 - 11:30 AM

i am shooting this question for my brother. he is having a bad stumble right off idle. i told him it was a jetting issue, just thought i would ask what you guys are running. his bike is all stock except he has the plug out of the exhaust. jetting is stock, what should he change on the jetting?

• TimBrp

Posted June 06, 2005 - 12:03 PM

What kind of bike? All xr's have an off idle stumble unfortunately. Also all BRP riders reserve the right to request pics of your lady prior to any questions being answered...LMAO! Just kiddin'... :)

• clearedforlanding

Posted June 06, 2005 - 06:55 PM

it is an xr600, i think late 90's. any ideas on jetting or cheap ideas for power. haha, there are all kinds of pics of my hottie on the babes thread.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrettJ

Posted June 06, 2005 - 11:57 PM

I'm a 650 man so I can't give you exact needle positions or main jet sizes but here's my advice...
Lower needle (1 clip pos maybe) this will give the bike more fuel at low throttle opening
If this doenst help try bigger main jet (2sizes maybe), then check pilot screw is at standard position. What I just told you to do fixed that problem on my 650. (except I didn't need a bigger main jet)

• bork

Posted June 07, 2005 - 04:13 AM

I got a Edelbrok Quicksilver pumper carb for mine .94 xr600. The stumble may make you tumble when trying to raise wheel right before jumping a big log . I'm not good at endo's .

• zackm58941

Posted June 07, 2005 - 05:49 AM

This might help you pinpoint which circuit is causing the problem, seeing there are no other problems with the bike.
Posted Image
Zack

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.