Best Aftermarket Pipe?

5 replies to this topic
  • waterdog3

Posted June 06, 2005 - 09:42 AM

What Are Some Of The Better Pipes And Ones To Stay Away From, I Ride A 04 Wr450, Mainly Trail Rides, But Also Compete In Hare Scrambles. Right Now I Am Running A "gyt-r" Full Exhaust And Am Not Very Pleased With The Power Increase. Looking For Something Better.

• clark4131

Posted June 06, 2005 - 10:35 AM

I run a full FMF system with a PowerBomb and Q2 and am happy with it. Had I to do it over again though, I probably would have gone with a PowerCore 4 SA with the quiet insert.

BTW, what's with the capital letter at the beginning of each word?...SC

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 06, 2005 - 05:32 PM

I have the GYT-R carbon slip on. Man I love it. My buddy has the White Bros
E2 and mine has way more power. I havent ridden any other 450's with aftermarket but my uncle has a FMF PC4 with a power bomb header on his 426 and its nice. It has a nice quiet sound . Its hard for me to tell on the power because my bike has so much more anyway. Good Luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Juiceman

Posted June 06, 2005 - 07:45 PM

What about Dr. D everyone I talk to locally says it is the best pipe for the yami's. I don't have an aftermarket pipe yet but I am told the Dr. D is the way to go. Anyone have any opinions on it?

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted June 06, 2005 - 08:53 PM

I use an FMF Powercore4 witht he quiet core insert. Sounds nice and throaty, not too loud. Might even be legal, if not, some tweaking on the insert should bring you in.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 06, 2005 - 10:47 PM

My buddy that works at the Yamaha shop says the DR. D is awesome. I have heard lots of guys say they are super sweet. Pretty expensive though. Give it a try and let us know how good it is. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.