When will Yamaha release the 06 models?

10 replies to this topic
  • RC81

Posted June 05, 2005 - 11:18 PM

What time of year do the bike makers release their new models?

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 06, 2005 - 12:20 AM

the WR's have always been late...Like November...

• JSanfilippo

Posted June 06, 2005 - 12:36 AM

maybe mid july or august I think

• Gadsen

Posted June 06, 2005 - 07:29 AM

Usually production from one model year ends in mid August and the new models start in mid August. Usually, it takes about 1 month from production lines to the dealers floor. But this can vary depending on complete new model with lots of changes. It can be released either early if they are ahead of schedule or late if they are behind. Somtimes just keeping you guys waiting in anticipation is part of the game. So I guess expect them in mid September, but dont hold your breath. :)

• Texas4play

Posted June 06, 2005 - 08:23 AM

I wanna say around Sept / October. The '06 will probably not have any significant revisions other than "Bold New Graphics".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waterdog3

Posted June 06, 2005 - 09:30 AM

Around Here They Come In Late Oct.-nov.

• ddialogue

Posted June 06, 2005 - 10:14 AM

The '06 will probably not have any significant revisions other than "Bold New Graphics".

That's what I was thinking but our local Yami shop is certain that both the YZF's and WR's will have aluminum frames for 2006. I guess we'll all know in a couple of weeks when they announce the 2006 models at the Indy show. :)

• chipwich

Posted June 06, 2005 - 12:47 PM

the current motocross action has photos of the yzf 250 with aluminum frame, but no wr's yet.

• stoo

Posted June 06, 2005 - 02:11 PM

That's what I was thinking but our local Yami shop is certain that both the YZF's and WR's will have aluminum frames for 2006.

Same here.

• Gadsen

Posted June 06, 2005 - 03:36 PM

...not have any significant revisions other than "Bold New Graphics".

Hey, sometimes the difference between winning and losing comes right down to the "bold new graphics" :)

• Texas4play

Posted June 06, 2005 - 03:59 PM

I could be wrong but here's a theory:
Yamaha retooled for '05 to keep pace with 450X and KTM. Suzuki is geared up for MX 450's and Kawasaki is also gearing up for MX 450's. Yamaha will step up the MX450 in '06 and then be ready for the '07 year when hopefully all the manufacturers release their off-road competitive machinery. It'll be nice too because all the different dealers will have top notch products and hopefully keep prices in check (although I expect msrps to be around 7K). Maybe by then I'll be out of the peewee class ... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.