CRF150: stock vs "full power" needle?

7 replies to this topic
  • SFeCRF

Posted June 05, 2005 - 03:47 PM

I ordered the "Full power needle kit" (PN: 16012-KPT-921). This needle is noticeably fatter that the stock needle. Can someone who has experimented with both translate clip settings between them? I'm at high altitude (7000-9000'), and my stock clip is at 4h position. Plug looks good to me. What is the full power needle designed to do, and what would an "equivalent" clip setting be?

thanks.

• redrider150f

Posted June 05, 2005 - 05:11 PM

good question beats me :) ask the honda dealer

• Red_Rider04

Posted June 05, 2005 - 05:18 PM

I ordered the "Full power needle kit" (PN: 16012-KPT-921). This needle is noticeably fatter that the stock needle. Can someone who has experimented with both translate clip settings between them? I'm at high altitude (7000-9000'), and my stock clip is at 4h position. Plug looks good to me. What is the full power needle designed to do, and what would an "equivalent" clip setting be?

thanks.

those are your new pilot/jet/needle.... It is to allow fine tuning for easier starting and more throttle control... What it does is adjust the fuel flow ratio...

• Tubo

Posted June 05, 2005 - 05:19 PM

The full power needle kit uses a much larger needle jet which allows more fuel at the upper rpm ranges. It does nothing for low rpm power. I'm running the needle on my son's at the bottom clip (full rich) at sea level. The bike had a very noticeable hesitation at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle on any other setting.

If you're going to use the full power needle kit I would recommend also running a rev box (BBR is what's on my son's) to utilize the extra fuel ability of the larger needle jet.

• Red_Rider04

Posted June 05, 2005 - 05:21 PM

I also believe White Brothers makes a Rev Box.. if you are more comfortable with their products or feel that the brand has a better reputation.... But BBR makes VERY good products :)

• Hoffhaus119

Posted June 07, 2005 - 11:24 AM

The dude to hit in here about 150's is 2wheeltuner, he can help!!! and white bro's does make a rev box! We use it and it works pretty damn good! About another 2ooo rpm out of it!

• bungus

Posted April 29, 2007 - 12:23 AM

contact powroll ask for Pat tell her the info elivation/aftermarket stuff and she will tell you exactly where to set it you may have to get a different main at your elivation proably a 108

• cherrymx

Posted April 29, 2007 - 03:51 AM

CRF150F '04 - 800 ft elevation

I've got a partial power up mod on mine. pulled the snorkle and baffle, twin air filter, 115 main jet with stock needle and pilot jet. Problem is when I put the Power up needle in the engine bogs when you crack the throttle quickly. Tried all clip settings. Also have a size 45 pilot jet that I've tried in combination with both the power up needle and the stock needle. Same thing. Engine bogs when you crack the throttle too fast. I'd like to get the needle to work for me but I'm out of ideas.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Stickey: Jetting the 230F (Power-up Kit) by 230F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  506 replies
Forums
Photo

Race Tech Emulator Set Up Database by werra

• Hot  180 replies
Forums
Photo

Brand new bike - catastrophic engine failure by nomybrother

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Wheel differences between the 230L and 230F? by phillidius

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

suspension by Crf230_Honda

• 14 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.