Just picked up a pig, need some ideas.

7 replies to this topic
  • Halluci_n8

Posted June 05, 2005 - 12:22 PM

After riding nothing but two strokes since I was a kid, and swearing to the bitter end Id never buy one of those granny bikes, I gave in a bought a 2000 XR 650 from my brother. And I love it. Ill keep the kx 250 I have and use it for those "special occasions" but Ill never buy another two stroke again. The 650 laughs at anything I put in front of it, its a awesome machine.
I ride mostly in the rockies here in alberta, and I was wondering what some of the more common mods are that can be made to make the bike work better in the bush. I have uncorked it, put on oversize tag bars, and some stronger bark busters. I was going to gear the bike down, but the more saddle time I have on the bike, the more I like the stock gearing. I think I might get aftermarket exhaust, and maybe some bigger footpegs.
Do you guys have any tricks or know of mods that make the bike a more capable bush weapon?

• swells454

Posted June 05, 2005 - 01:53 PM

If you see any mud or sand...try throwing a T-2 terraflex tire on the back! The tire is awesome! :)

• swells454

Posted June 05, 2005 - 02:00 PM

Here's a link where I got mine... www.mandhtires.com

• Halluci_n8

Posted June 05, 2005 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, Ive never heard of that company before. Ill have to try one of those out soon. The 650 is really hard on rubber. One weekend in the sticks and a new tire is toast.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pigryder

Posted June 05, 2005 - 04:02 PM

Dude most important thing is a good skip plate! Too many things to damage down there, believe me just look at my skip plate!

• BWB63

Posted June 05, 2005 - 04:24 PM

Best XR650R page to get started with! Click Here: :)

This page is being worked on
All about the XR650R & more power, Ckick Here: :)

The old page (Mirrored site) Click here: :D

• needsprayer

Posted June 05, 2005 - 05:58 PM

Skip plates let you skip over the rocks. :)

• frankstr

Posted June 05, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Remove the peein keihin and install a Edelbrock carb...... :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.