YZ426 Brake Problems

3 replies to this topic
  • soren

Posted June 04, 2005 - 11:11 AM

I have a 2001 YZ426 and have a really mushy front brake. I know this is fairly common for these bikes. I have tried bleeding it many times and still is pathetic when compared to my buddies CR. Does the CR style brake cable help this situation? If so who should I buy the cable from, there is a fastline cable listed here in the store but when you check to see if you can get a price it says that the item no longer exsists. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• RCannon

Posted June 04, 2005 - 02:54 PM

The mastercylinder from the CR is the key. It makes a giant difference. My brakes are much better with the CR m/c.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikedabike

Posted June 04, 2005 - 09:01 PM

Braided steel line and CR routing will do wonders. I have an 04 YZ450 and could never get it bled to my liking because of the line routing.

• RCannon

Posted June 05, 2005 - 05:08 AM

I have the fastline brake lise as well. It may have helped some. It is easier to blead and looks better.

The cr m/c's are on ebay for 30.00 or so. You can use the cr m/c and all stock parts. If bled properly, you'll end up with one finger brakes. The cost cannot be beat. It si less money than Yamaha wants for a rebuild kit.

It is odd that the internal m/c parts will switch from m/c to m/c. Somehow the shape of the honda part makes all the difference.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.