Found my first bike...amazing!

2 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted February 24, 2001 - 12:48 PM

I was at the local Kawi shop looking at KDX's for my son and while there I asked the saleman if he had every saw a 71 G4TR Trail Boss to let me know. This was my first bike and we bought it new ($499 OTD).

He said he had a used KDX downstairs and we went down to look at it. They keep some bikes in the shop area to have more storage. My boy says, hey dad look at this. Low and behold it is a 71 G4TR. I was blown away. It was complete, mostly original and in very decent condition. Well as decent as a 30 year old bike could be. The owner is having it repaired.

I left my number and am dying to see if the owner calls. I'm planning on a complete restoration and use it as a pit bike. Man I'm dying here.

Wish me luck guys :)

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted February 24, 2001 - 09:08 PM

Is it your exact bike, or just the same model? Play it cool, and good luck with the acquisition.

• Bill

Posted February 25, 2001 - 05:29 AM

It's the same model, not bike, but to find a bike that is thirty years old and complete, blows me away.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.