Can I run this gas.....

26 replies to this topic
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:44 PM

Today I had the biggest brian fart of my life. I filled my Powerstroke with premium unleaded. No, it doesnt run real good on gas. Yes, it is very expensive to fix. Yes, I feel like a massive retard. Anyway, they gave me the 34 gallons of gas back, however there was approx. 4 gallons of deisel left in the tank so it is mixed in. I paid $560.00 for that 34 gallons of gas, and dammit I want to use it. The mechanic told me in will run through a carb alright. Will it run through my 450 without harming it. :) Thanks for your help and feel free to hack on me at will. :)

• drewpeacock

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:56 PM

Damn mudders. You all make too much anyhow! :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 03, 2005 - 08:02 PM

I wish.

• Slowmotion426

Posted June 03, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Damn! $16 bucks a gallon!?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 03, 2005 - 08:10 PM

$2.38 a gallon. $480.00 repair bill.

• beezer

Posted June 03, 2005 - 08:15 PM

Let the person who has never screwed up cast the first stone.

• endurodog

Posted June 03, 2005 - 09:43 PM

Let the person who has never screwed up cast the first stone.

That pretty much gets me out of the stone throwing business.

If you or your SO has a gas engine car I would use it there. I don't like playing with that kind of stuff in my bikes. IMHO.

• Slowmotion426

Posted June 03, 2005 - 09:50 PM

$2.38 a gallon. $480.00 repair bill.

OHHHH-hhhh. :)

• djo269

Posted June 04, 2005 - 12:33 AM

Its not worth screwing up another one of your vehicles(your 450). sorry to hear about your misfortune and "brian" fart.

• Juiceman

Posted June 04, 2005 - 12:38 AM

$480 repair bill.... You got off cheap!! Consider yourself lucky!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 04, 2005 - 06:25 AM

If you or your SO has a gas engine car I would use it there. I don't like playing with that kind of stuff in my bikes. IMHO.

Yep, I wouldn't let that 'pre-mix' anywhere near any of my bikes. I have used plenty of stale fuel, both plain and 2 stroke mix, in my 6/8 cyl' cars (carby only, I wouldn't take a chance on clogging injectors.....) with no problems. :)

• rushfan

Posted June 04, 2005 - 06:55 AM

Don't feel too bad. I know a guy who put diesel in his BMW street bike!!! :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 04, 2005 - 07:11 AM

I dont have anything with a carb. I guess I will give it to my boating buddies who are still running carbs. My boat is injected, but burnig 15-18 gallons an hour I wish I had a carb now. Even the wifes car is injected. My spray rig for work is about the only carb engine I have and it doesnt burn much gas at all. It would take forever to burn it up in there. Oh well. Thanks for the advice guys. After six years of driving diesels I really didnt think this would happen. Expensive lesson learned.

• ncmountainman

Posted June 04, 2005 - 08:05 AM

put it in your car or boat 5 gals at a time with a almost full tank,it'll be so diluted by then it won't make much difference just make sure to put high test in the car to start with :) i wouldn't run it in a high compression motor like the bike :D they should make smart pumps that ask "are your sure you have the right product,this is gasoline" for the brain cell impaired :D sorry BnB but thats just something i'd expect out of my wife :) whats in that boat a 502? @ 60mph thats like 3-4 mpg!! my 24,000 lb 38' chris craft with twin V8-53 detroits got 3 mpg @ 26mph(about full cruise),wassup with dat?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 04, 2005 - 09:24 AM

Thanks NC, I knew you would chime in sooner or later. The boat I have now has a 375 hp 6.0 liter chevy with a Hamilton 212 pump(jet drive). Yeah, after 6 years of having diesel pickups it was ME on not my wife that did the gas in the truck trick. I was too busy telling dumb azz jokes to my buddy who was with me and not paying attention to what I was doing. Anyway thanks to all of you for your advice. I am not going to chance hurting my beloved Black n Blue to save a few bucks in gas.

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted June 04, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I can't throw stones at you either. I had pump gas in a Gatorade bottle on a long distance jaunt. Midway through the ride I dumped my lemon ice Gatorade into the fuel tank and then out of the other bottle took a sip of 93 octane. Double dumb f_ck for me in one day.

And just for future reference.......gas does not quench your thirst, restore your electrolytes, or make you a better athlete.........and it tastes worse than tinkle. :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 04, 2005 - 02:25 PM

Thanks Digital, you made me feel a little better. By the way, how did the bike run on Lemom Ice Gatorade.

• Vibeguy

Posted June 04, 2005 - 06:04 PM

My Dad did the same thing with his Ford Diesel, I ended up with 23+ gallons of fuel with 5-6 of it being diesel or about 25%. I had an old Ford with the 300ci straight 6 I put the mixed fuel in that and never noticed a difference.

I wouldn't put it in one of my bikes though, the way your day went it would probably ruin your bike too. I think you have about a 5 year supply of lawn mower fuel.

• simon@vic

Posted June 04, 2005 - 08:19 PM

dont use it in your bike. put it in a car.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 05, 2005 - 03:54 AM

I can't throw stones at you either. I had pump gas in a Gatorade bottle on a long distance jaunt. Midway through the ride I dumped my lemon ice Gatorade into the fuel tank and then out of the other bottle took a sip of 93 octane. Double dumb f_ck for me in one day.

And just for future reference.......gas does not quench your thirst, restore your electrolytes, or make you a better athlete.........and it tastes worse than tinkle. :D

Tastes worse than tinkle??? Do you store EVERYTHING in Gatorade bottles? :) :) :D :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.