WR Seat/Tank fixable

8 replies to this topic
  • Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted February 24, 2001 - 08:06 AM

I was wondering if any of you other tall riders have attempted to remove your seat cover and put an extra couple inches of foam underneath. This would raise the seat height and smooth the seat tank junction so many of you complain about. In other words no more ski jump and a much needed increase in distance from the seat to the pegs for those of us long in the legs. I am 6'3" and am ordering a new seat cover to attempt this feat. If anyone has tried I am interested in the results. It is like $50 and much cheaper than a complete seat/tank swap and you maintain the nice 3.2 gallon tank.

• KerryT

Posted February 24, 2001 - 08:16 AM

Get the tall seat foam from GUTS racing. It works great and accomplishes exactly what you want with no crazy lumps under the cover like you would probobly get if you cut your own.

• Brad

Posted February 24, 2001 - 04:20 PM

Here's what the tall Guts seat/foam look like. Its a little dark, but as you can see your right, the seat is much flatter (and a lot more comfortable too)

http://albums.photop...ence=0&res=high

• Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted February 24, 2001 - 08:09 PM

Did you use a normal "WR" seat cover with the guts foam. I hope there is enough cover to staple to the base when you are done. Is it soft or firm still? I don't want to be sinking into some HondA hole and get stuck there. I want to stay away from that XR feeling.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brad

Posted February 25, 2001 - 08:38 AM

You'll have to use the Guts cover, the stock cover definitely won't have enough material for stapling. The guys at Guts are real helpful and will make the cover however you want (logo/no logo, gripper, plain vinyl, ballistic nylon or whatever you want) I got all blue with blue grip on top and plain vinyl sides with no logos. I think the foam comes in soft, hard, and extra hard. I got the hard foam and it feels similar to stock, except since its so much thicker it feels better than stock. I would guess that the extra hard would be like a brick.

Brad

• Dave_B

Posted February 25, 2001 - 12:08 PM

Brad

Do you have a contact name or number for the seat kit and do they ship to Canada?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 25, 2001 - 04:37 PM

Dave

try this
http://www.gutsracing.com/

• joecallan

Posted February 25, 2001 - 06:31 PM

I drilled holes (not all the way through) in my foam to make it softer. It cost me 0.00$
I'm still thinking of getting the Guts Racing seat though.

• Dave_B

Posted February 28, 2001 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Dan, I guess I could have tried that first.

Dave B

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.