Air Box Mod.

2 replies to this topic
  • thumper_dad

Posted June 03, 2005 - 10:15 AM

I know there is an air box mod for my 05 but I want to know who has done it and what kind of power or performance increase they got.

I know a lot of you are like me, when I did my mods I did them all at once so I can't tell you what worked the best.

I just did an air box mod on the wifes 250X and it was like night and day. the bike gained an easy 3-5HP and was amazing.
does the WR mod sound similar to that?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pudadin

Posted June 03, 2005 - 06:15 PM

do it...took me 5 minutes..no kidding! Consider a JD Jetting kit and a after market filter. Much more throttle response! Jetting, air box and filter only takes about 1.5 hrs.

Have fun!

• beezer

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:31 PM

I oepned up mine but I did all the mods at once so I don't know how each one worked by itself.

My bike has a JD jet kit, the ASS piping removed and a WB pipe. I was very surprised how fast the bike is.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.