wr426 oil level

7 replies to this topic
  • askfus

Posted June 03, 2005 - 08:45 AM

Hi guys, I just bought a 02 WR426 and after have checked all the bike, i tryed to check the oil level but with a lot of surprise I didn't find dipstick.
Now, is there someone that can suggest me what to do?
I could use a gage o somthing like that but I don't known the min and max level. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

• byggd

Posted June 03, 2005 - 10:15 AM

I have the same bike. The dipstick is up by the handlebars in the frame because the is a dry sump bike. Be sure to run it for 2 pr three min, shut it off and let it sit for a couple min before checking it.

• askfus

Posted June 03, 2005 - 10:31 AM

thanks for your answer, but I known the location where find the dipstick, the problem is that there isn't, and I would like to known if there are other solution to check the oil level (one probably is to buy a new dipstick)

• byggd

Posted June 03, 2005 - 11:46 AM

I had to buy a new one for mine. Cost about $10 with the o-ring here in the US. The guy I got the bike from put a temp guage in the hole and forgot to give me the dipstick. I can measure it when i get home and let you know where the low/high reedings are but you really need something to plug the hold in case you lay it down. Plus Yamaha warns about removing the cap too soon after a hard ride as oil may spray out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • askfus

Posted June 03, 2005 - 01:17 PM

Great, I wait your replay.

• byggd

Posted June 03, 2005 - 03:53 PM

From where it seats when checking the oil (botom of the threads) it is 8 1/8 inches long. One inch up is full and anything below that is within range.

• askfus

Posted June 04, 2005 - 01:45 PM

Thanks,I used your suggestion, the oil level is ok

• byggd

Posted June 05, 2005 - 02:35 PM

You are welcome. Glad I could help out a fellow thumper!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.