just how many miles to the center of an xr-r

5 replies to this topic
  • panaceabeachbum

Posted June 02, 2005 - 06:36 PM

not sure if cross posting is ok, just easier than typing. the never ending post has brought up a question i have had

" Re: XR650L- Best Bike in the world-

when you get over 20,000 miles on a xr650r with out any motor work thats when you can brag how good it is.XR650l are the best all around bike you can buy!!!!!!!" END QOUTE

I have a beloved 650L just not enough power for my off road riding style so I have decided to get rid of my kx and add an R to the stall, never had a bad honda, other than the one engine they replaced. Anyone with a trip computer or good log have a big number for the R. 10k 15k 20k miles?`I see one of the transameritrail guys with aprox 8k on an 01. My big concern is I will do that the first year and would like to get 3 years or a little better without cracking the cases open .

• XR4DEZ

Posted June 02, 2005 - 09:08 PM

11k on an 03 and a friend with 28 K on a 2000, he did change a cam but for performance not because of wear.All desert miles and run pretty good.

• KeithBoyd

Posted June 02, 2005 - 10:21 PM

There was one on a UK autotrader web site last year with 38,000 miles on it.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • panaceabeachbum

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:13 AM

Good to hear, just gotta get that right foot peg failure fear set proper in my mind then I will pick up an R, anybody in nth florida with a good deal on an 02 or newer?

• Kritter

Posted June 04, 2005 - 11:10 AM

I can get rid of your footpeg fear.

• panaceabeachbum

Posted June 05, 2005 - 08:50 AM

I read thru your info on the foot peg mod in the other thread. Reassuring there is a fix.

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.