What do you wear while riding?

16 replies to this topic
  • jamesravenwood

Posted June 02, 2005 - 05:55 PM

Curious, as I am not really a big fan of the name brand jerseys with all the designs, colors, and what not. Does anybody ride in something other than a Yammy jersey and pants?

• moach1

Posted June 02, 2005 - 06:44 PM

shift jersey and pants or thor jersey and pants. astar tech8. msr helmet

• Gadsen

Posted June 02, 2005 - 06:45 PM

I have all FOX pants and jerseys. I have the "Yamaha" one and FOX gloves. Boots are Acerbis, chest protector is Moose. Helmet is Oneil, goggles are Scott, shin/knee guards are Fox. I have an RC1 neck roll and FOX elbow guards, but dont usually wear those. I dont really care which brand, I like a certain blend of colors and will buy any brand I think looks good. But I find FOX pants/jerseys fit the best IMHO.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 02, 2005 - 07:04 PM

I am a big fan of the Thor gear. Fox Hart replica helmet, and SG 10's for boots. I like the Fox dirtpaw gloves although they dont last very long.

• KiltLifter

Posted June 02, 2005 - 07:27 PM

Just a warm hat! :)

• Gadsen

Posted June 02, 2005 - 07:43 PM

Just a warm hat! :)

:D Yeah, I seen your avatar! :)

• nks

Posted June 03, 2005 - 01:40 AM

fox helmet... fox gloves, blue singlet, old torn jeans... and shoei boots (old ones) or my usual work boots.... depending if i have to push start my bike ...

• Hamish

Posted June 03, 2005 - 03:32 AM

I buy my gear on quality and value for money, not brand name.
Fox Jersey (runout at 2 for $AU50) can't even buy T-shirts for that!
Fly pants and gloves - crash tested many times
Oxtar TCX boots (Worth every cent)
Six Six Six One elbow guards
road race back protector (when doing 'likely to crash' activities)
Thor pivot knee guards (just ordered some asterisk cells) last crash = damaged ligament in knee
O'Neil helmet

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirtmizer

Posted June 05, 2005 - 02:33 PM

Fox Pro Pilot Helmet, black Moose jersey, black Thor ride pants and Moose qualifier pants depending on temp, 661 elbow forearm guards, Thor knee guards, Thor gloves, Alpinestar Vector boots, AXO chest protector, Fox kidney belt, Pro Grip light sensitive goggles. Dress for the crash!!

• ISBB

Posted June 05, 2005 - 04:02 PM

HJC Brainbucket... Oakley O-Frames.. (retired my fox jersy) Thor Jersey... 12 Dollar walmart cargo pants made by bugel boy.. :) they fit over my boots and have pockets and removeable lower leggs to turn into shorts.. :) 12 bucks vs. 50... ill stick w/ my walmart cheapies... and my fox forma pro boots... Dont have any new gloves yet but my last pair were fox's.. (got stolen w/ my helmet and goggles..)

• Texas4play

Posted June 05, 2005 - 04:03 PM

I own a couple different sets of Thor pants/jerseys and one Fox set. Alpinestar boots Tech 6. Three or four different pairs of socks. 2 different HJC helmets. Thor gloves, Fox gloves. EVS knee and elbow guards. Thor Force chest protector. Thor kidney belt. I tend try on what appeals to me and buy what fits and wears well. So far these brands I've tried and liked but it really depends on what fits you best. In the future I'll probably try to find Moose or MSR. Moose is not in stock anywhere around here but, MSR is growing. Both companies seem very supportive to the sport.

• Bamster

Posted June 05, 2005 - 06:02 PM

A smile :)

• jamesravenwood

Posted June 05, 2005 - 07:59 PM

ha ha ha!

• jonova

Posted June 06, 2005 - 03:35 PM

Whatevers the cleanest in my gear bag.

• KiltLifter

Posted June 06, 2005 - 04:19 PM

Visually cleanest or clean by the SMELL TEST?? :)

Whatevers the cleanest in my gear bag.

• clark4131

Posted June 06, 2005 - 04:26 PM

HJC Helmet
Thor Phase Pants, Jersey & Gloves (EBay for $90)
Alpinestars Tech 5 boots
EVS BJ22 Under-jersey armor
EVS Option knee guards
Utopia Too Dirty goggles
Camelback

and a jock strap to keep the boys happy...SC

• freestyle250

Posted June 06, 2005 - 05:29 PM

Shift pants because I have ripped too many pairs of Levis
Thor boots cause I dont dare ride in shoes
Usually a T-shirt and Gloves to protect the hands

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.