Valve lash?!?!

2 replies to this topic
  • Fredda

Posted June 02, 2005 - 08:13 AM

Have mounted cam from HotCam onto my XR600 (a -93 if it matters...). The manual for the cam says it should be .15mm on the intake and .20mm on the exahust, which I have on my bike now. But it sounds to much from the valves. Should I go for the lashes that the bike manual gives (.10/.15)? Or could it be anything else that sounds like incorrect valvelashes?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captb

Posted June 02, 2005 - 09:08 AM

I would go with the cam manufactures settings if it ticks when hot you could allways tighten up a little next adj.

• frankstr

Posted June 02, 2005 - 12:25 PM

Always use what the cam manufacter says to use, It's a mechanical valve train, ticking is normal........... :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.