best 426 after market parts

5 replies to this topic
  • the426master

Posted June 02, 2005 - 03:46 AM

I put a FMF powercore 4 silencer and rejetted it and that’s the only hop up I've done to it and that gave it so much more torque, midrange, and top end power. But now that I’ve gotten use to it I would like more response and torque, I’m thinking of camming it has anybody put cams in theirs and if so what do you think. :)

• byggd

Posted June 02, 2005 - 05:55 AM

You can install an 03 YZ450 ex cam but you have to make sure to YZ time it. Not only does it give you more zip but you can remove you decompress lever because it will then have anto-decompress :) you can also do the other free mods (air box lid, disconnect the grey wire etc)

• wrkaholic

Posted June 02, 2005 - 01:37 PM

On the 426, YZ timing is a free mod, you just change the exhaust cam timing. I loved the change on my '02 426. I did not notice any loss of low end, but, I did notice a big hit on the top end. For me the decomp lever is no big deal. I am not motivated to spend money on a new cam just for that, but, if you stall during a race, I can see how the extra few seconds can help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HamBonE_23

Posted June 02, 2005 - 01:47 PM

What jets did you change and what did you change them to?

• the426master

Posted June 02, 2005 - 03:54 PM

I changed my pilot to a 45, my main to 175 and my needle to the 4th position

• 02YZ426

Posted June 02, 2005 - 05:49 PM

Definatly do the auto decomp 450 cam and YZ time upgrade going.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.