Extra blue wire on regulator/rectifier ?

1 reply to this topic
  • dfhood

Posted June 02, 2005 - 01:43 AM

I have a 99 WR400 w/ baja d.s. kit. I determined that the reg/rect shit the bed, so I ordered a new one from baja designs. I'm hoping that I didn't receive the wrong part, because it has an extra blue wire that is not on the old reg/rect. There is a simplified wiring diagram on the side of the part showing the blue wire going to the battery. The schematic from the kit instructions show no such wire (just the 2 yellows, red, and black). Should I just tape off the blue wire? Should I splice it into the positive side of the battery? Or do I have the wrong part? (it's the one they told me I needed at B.D.)
Thanks in advance for any info! :)
-Doug

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dfhood

Posted June 02, 2005 - 03:15 PM

I called B.D. and found the answer to my question...Here it is, in case anyone reading this had the same question:
It is the correct regulator/rectifier. Plug the blue wire into the black wire from the battery. Plug the black male connector into the harness(just how the old one was). Don't use the black pigtail with the female connector. The others are more obvious.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.