426vs fe 450

2 replies to this topic
  • matt buckley

Posted June 01, 2005 - 05:44 PM

I own a 2000 model 426 and i was wondering if an hasaberg fe450 or fe550 has more topend than the 426 . and if any one no of any problems tha the hasabergs have at all .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mj2412

Posted June 01, 2005 - 11:38 PM

The fe450 and the fe550 are not as strong as a yz450, but the differences are small. The difference between the fe450 and the fe550 is the torque. But the engine is not the big point for me. The bad seat tank ergonomics because of the wide tank and radiator shrouds is a bad point and the fix welded tail frame made of steel. It is sad that husaberg is own by KTM and not getting the nice small shape of the KTM´s, instead it has still the shape of the 99 husabergs and this ergonomics. The engine has been improved every year but only slightly the frame and ergonomics. In the end the best thing is: try out a husaberg and take what you fit best.

• Fastest1

Posted June 03, 2005 - 03:56 AM

Have you thought about parts availability in the states? Too few produced and do you see any winning races? Top speed isnt all there is.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.