05' WR 450 free mods

2 replies to this topic
  • HEMI450

Posted June 01, 2005 - 02:49 PM

I just got a new 05' wr450, I like it cept it seems to have troubles unleashing it's power. I'm thinking the exhaust is definetly going to go because you can't even hear it, and when you can't hear it, it's restrictive. Plus I just love the sound. I have a 1983 XT550 in mint condition with a Answer pipe on it, and that thing is by far the best 4 stroke i've ever heard, so going from deafining 550 to quiet 450 sucks. I'm also going with a K&N filter and maybe a less restrictive intake setup if they make one. Let me know if you know different intakes. Anyway, I've heard several of people on this forum talk about "free mods" but I couldn't find out where they were listed or what they were. Could anyone please enlighten me? Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Imdone

Posted June 01, 2005 - 04:27 PM

I found it here by searching. I will try to locate it again.

Found it:
http://www.thumperfa...ee_mods.htm#WRF

This says its for the WR250 but the grey wire, throttle stop, air box and exhaust baffle all apply to the 450. I also changed to a Unifilter versus a k&n. I also changed to a 168 main jet and it is a totally different bike now.

• HEMI450

Posted June 01, 2005 - 05:45 PM

Hey thanks man

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.