4 replies to this topic
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted June 01, 2005 - 01:50 PM

I just cut the grey wire on my 02 and did everything I was suppose to do. I warmed it up and it was fine for about 1 minute and then all hell broke lose. Now if I move the throttle at all, it cuts out and makes a loud popping noise like a backfire. What the heck happend, I thought it was supposed to make it run better?

• drewpeacock

Posted June 01, 2005 - 02:59 PM

Is the Hot Start pulled out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted June 01, 2005 - 06:58 PM

No it's in.

• the426master

Posted June 02, 2005 - 04:46 AM

all the gray wire does is change the ignition mapping
I don't see any way the gray wire being clipped would change it that drastically I would put a new spark plug in it and make sure you have fresh gas and don’t leave the choke pulled to long that will foul plugs you might clean the carb too
I clipped mine and it just changed the midrange to top end :)

• 02WR426Cali

Posted June 02, 2005 - 06:24 AM

Thanks master. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.