• MotoGoalie

Posted June 01, 2005 - 01:17 PM

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID7291

Come on Yam what you got for 06????

Not really.

• yz_for_me

Posted June 01, 2005 - 03:57 PM

Come on Yam what you got for 06????

With the possibility of an all new bike for '06, I wouldn't expect much solid info from the blue team for quite some time. I'll bet the R&D boys will want as much time with the new Yami as they can get.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426mankiller

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:26 PM

It would be very easy here to start a "if you buy a crf good luck finding a shop with steel valves in stock to replace the originals before you even fire it up" thread, but there is enough of that in the honda section so I will respectfully not go there and say that the new crfs look like exciting bikes to ride. :)

• DPW

Posted June 02, 2005 - 04:20 AM

With the possibility of an all new bike for '06, I wouldn't expect much solid info from the blue team for quite some time. I'll bet the R&D boys will want as much time with the new Yami as they can get.

I thought the dealer show was in June sometime when Yamaha usually announces it's '06 models.

• midwestmotocross

Posted June 02, 2005 - 04:30 AM

Yes. The dealer show is in a couple weeks. They will announce all the models then. All the mags and other press that get photo credentials should have pics up on their Web sites that day...of course, so will the manufacturers for that matter.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 02, 2005 - 07:44 AM

Not really.

Well I am as I will be buying a 06 .......... my 03 is nice but it is time to get a more refined MX bike that I do not have to spend a lot of money to make it right for me -

I am happy to see that Honda has also changed the motor angle to make the bike turn better - like a RMZ450
As well as Honda has changed the valve seat material to add some more reliability to the valves - we all know this story!
And saved some more weight - :D
For me at this moment the Honda is the 06 to beat......

From what i am hearing - Yamaha will have a newly designed motor and alum frame all to make it turn better and still be reliable - we will see in a couple of weeks! :) I can not wait :D

And finally Suzuki has a great 1st effort 450 ! So I think 06 will be more refined - more reliable and hopefully more power....the jury is still out on this announcement. :)

I am being open minded at this point - as you can tell!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.