2001 YZ426 Vs. 2005 Banshee (stock)

55 replies to this topic
  • sickstrtcar

Posted June 01, 2005 - 04:43 PM

yeah i wouldnt worry about hooking if ya got a paddle...and for launching...iunno what it is for u guys wit 450s and 426s but for me on my rm125 its second gear...i can jus pin it and drop the clutch real fast and take off(very fast)as long as the bike doesnt shoot out from underneth of me and go flying in the air( :) happened once) but nothing happened to my bike i was was like THANK GOD!!!!!!

• 01yz426

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:32 PM

Good deal, you guys have given me the Odds to win this thing.... My buddy wants me to name a price for this race... Not sure what I should wager, I've been riding since I was like 7yrs old and have been doing the dune thing for about 4yrs now.... I do out weigh him though, I think, i'm about 215lb... He says that he wants to race for pink slips...... What would ya'll do in this situation??

• 02YZ426

Posted June 01, 2005 - 08:26 PM

I think you will win........but make sure you do if your gonna go for pink slips. Do you think the guy would actually give up the banshee if you win?

• 01yz426

Posted June 01, 2005 - 11:47 PM

Not to sure about that.... I was thinking that he won't and is just trying to scare me a little ya know.... I was even thinking about making it a best of 3 series...... Just in case something should go wrong I would still have the next race to prove myself....

• offrodeo

Posted June 02, 2005 - 06:54 AM

make it a long race though, he might get ya in the beginning

kevan

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 02, 2005 - 08:03 AM

I would go for the best of 3 series. Keep in mind that if his Banshee if heavily modified, you are going to have your hands full..... (Many look stock but aren't)

Most of the time a bike will win. I am not a big 4 wheeler fan but I have seen a few that will beat ANY bike out there in a drag race....

• tecateyz400

Posted June 02, 2005 - 08:50 AM

well i hate to say this but i think in top end youll get him but off the line the banshees are quik i have rode at florence alot and they pretty much rule out there but hey good luck :)

• racer8

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:10 AM

I have a yz 426 in a atv frame,
I race mx and all I can say is
I wish all my competitors rode banshees. :)

• Toby_Lee_66

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:21 AM

YOUR ASS!!!!

You want to try then??????

• Crabtree426

Posted June 03, 2005 - 08:59 AM

Let us know the results. If you are friends, bet a 12 pack of beer in which the loser has to buy and fetch for you. That away everytime you need one as you sit on your ass, you can remind him and anyone else hanging out why he has to walk to your fridge. Just say "BEER ME QUADGIRL".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Toby_Lee_66

Posted June 03, 2005 - 10:16 AM

Let us know the results. If you are friends, bet a 12 pack of beer in which the loser has to buy and fetch for you. That away everytime you need one as you sit on your ass, you can remind him and anyone else hanging out why he has to walk to your fridge. Just say "BEER ME QUADGIRL".

I agree with you.

• grayracer513

Posted June 03, 2005 - 02:50 PM

:) :) :D :D :D :D

• sickstrtcar

Posted June 03, 2005 - 03:35 PM

if u do race for pinks id def do best outta 3 ...but if ur doing a wager jus have it a far distance jus incase...still i wouldnt worry about lossing...u got this one in the bag:)

• 01yz426

Posted June 05, 2005 - 08:03 PM

I will definetly let ya'll know who wins this battle....

• MotoGoalie

Posted June 06, 2005 - 10:23 AM

Hi fliends.

I was reeding this thread and I gots me to thinkin.

I would like to start kickin some asses.

Where do I start and how long does it take before kicking asses and taking names.

I don't meen a little bit ither. I want to kick asses all over the place. Like peeple will walk by and go, "holy shit!!! looky at all these kicked asses, what happened here?" Like, you know Biblical asskickin.

I have a fealin that lot of people needs thier asses kicked and they don't even know it.

• Crabtree426

Posted June 06, 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hi fliends.

I was reeding this thread and I gots me to thinkin.

I would like to start kickin some asses.

Where do I start and how long does it take before kicking asses and taking names.

I don't meen a little bit ither. I want to kick asses all over the place. Like peeple will walk by and go, "holy shit!!! looky at all these kicked asses, what happened here?" Like, you know Biblical asskickin.

I have a fealin that lot of people needs thier asses kicked and they don't even know it.

WHAT? Are you sure you have the right thread? We're talking about kicking quad ass.

• 01yz426

Posted June 07, 2005 - 05:29 AM

I was wondering the same thing... Think this guy has crashed 1 to many times... But I'm sure he had fun doing it.

• MotoGoalie

Posted June 07, 2005 - 05:46 AM

I was wondering the same thing... Think this guy has crashed 1 to many times... But I'm sure he had fun doing it.

Well, I'm gonna adds me two more asses that need to be kicked then :)

• thelimeyone

Posted June 07, 2005 - 06:49 AM

how about somebody gives cletus his crayons back...........
and post the friggin results already :)

• 01yz426

Posted June 07, 2005 - 07:44 PM

Haven't raced yet... I'm trying to get him out this Saturday at Moses Lake Wa. But he says his girlfriend made plans already.... Lame excuse...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.