2001 YZ426 Vs. 2005 Banshee (stock)

55 replies to this topic
  • 01yz426

Posted June 01, 2005 - 06:47 AM

Which bike do ya'll think would win in a drag race??? Both bikes with paddles... Mine (426) has Full BBR suspension, FMF Titanium 4 pipe, Power Bomb header.... The Banshee might have pipes not sure..... My buddy swears that he'll beat me anytime any place..... So, do you think I have a shot or am I dead off the line??? Oh, this will also be in the Oregon dunes, Flourence I think..... Please give any and all thoughts that you might have..... Thanks for helping out too...

• Wyatt

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:05 AM

You will win. As stated on TT before, "Quads really aren't that fast....they just seem fast because the rider is usually drunk and doesn't have a helmet on."

• spy

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:17 AM

You will win. As stated on TT before, "Quads really aren't that fast....they just seem fast because the rider is usually drunk and doesn't have a helmet on."

:) :) :D

• Toby_Lee_66

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:21 AM

My stock Crf250 smokes Banshees all day. There isn't a banshee that can even keep up with my dust cloud.

• 426Hurricane

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:34 AM

banshee will win start to finish

• Dick Falcon

Posted June 01, 2005 - 08:47 AM

My stock Crf250 smokes Banshees all day. There isn't a banshee that can even keep up with my dust cloud.

• DoctorRzed

Posted June 01, 2005 - 09:42 AM

I quad is no match for a bike

• sickstrtcar

Posted June 01, 2005 - 09:56 AM

ull win ...hurricane...r u serious or r u kidding around...because i beat 450s 400ex's predators all day on my rm125 easly...quads def dont keep up wit dirtbikes on the drags(trust me i was a quad guy) but quads are still pretty fast on the track from turn to turn

• sickstrtcar

Posted June 01, 2005 - 09:59 AM

u too falcon...u dont belive him?...i garentee a stock crf250 will beat a banshee...my buddy has 04crf250 a banshee with pipes and tires and stuff...a canondale moto440 and a kx125 and he said his crf250 will kill em all on a straight drag

• sickstrtcar

Posted June 01, 2005 - 10:00 AM

and u got a 426 with some mods so i def wouldnt worry about

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • offrodeo

Posted June 01, 2005 - 10:01 AM

ive beat banshees, stock 03' 450

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted June 01, 2005 - 10:23 AM

Dont be so sure people. I've ridden Banshee's with very few mods that would smoke my 426. I had a worked Honda TRX250R that may even have taken my 426.

• sickstrtcar

Posted June 01, 2005 - 10:26 AM

the only way i could see u losing is if u make a stupid mistake like hitting neutral or something but other then that..

• codeman583

Posted June 01, 2005 - 11:07 AM

was just at the dunes this weekend, raced banshee's yfz 450's, yz450f's, cr250r's, a ktm 250sx, raptors, lt500's, ds650 bombardiers, and a few other odd ball rides. I own a 03 banshee. the quads are definately gonnae take you until about top of 2nd gear, but after that when your on top of the sand you will hand them there ass. my 01 426 with the Carbon GYTR Race pipe, and no toil filter spanked the crap out of all the abovee mentioned bikes... i had a new paddle on, and we were racing up hill. the yz450f is my best friends, and is quick, but pulling up a large hill the 426 tears him apart with the wide torquey powerband, he was the closest by far. there was a crf450r there, but he was not much quicker the the modified cr250r. to win you will need to stage 20 yards away from the begionning of the hill climb, to insure your on top, and into 2nd gear. once locked in grip it and rip it, and the torque will do the rest for you, if the banshee has port work, long rod, stroker crank or anything like that then depending on the builder/tuner your ass will be severly handed to you. where are you from??? I am in Northern CA, (Redding) and we go up regularly, we will probably beup again 4th of july, and for sandfest. pm me.

good luck kicking ass,

• motocross15_3

Posted June 01, 2005 - 11:15 AM

its no contest i have a 01 yz426f stock i dragged raced my friends banshee which he claims put like 3gs into and i won easily...

• 426Hurricane

Posted June 01, 2005 - 11:19 AM

I was kidding around, although I have witnessed such an event. It depends on who hooks up. But yeah, for all intensive purposes, bike beats quad.

• Shane_Bettin

Posted June 01, 2005 - 02:10 PM

you guys should race on pavement. i think the 426 would still win. just haven more bottom end would make a big diff. even though the bike weighs almost half as much. ive seen banshees race mustangs and stuff and the banshees schooled them off the start, **** those twins were gone. but ya i think pavement would be a little more competitive, taking into consideration traction. i sure the 426 would still spin slightly but you never know, that torque could put you on your ass iff your not on the god damn front fender haha. have fun!

• offrodeo

Posted June 01, 2005 - 02:23 PM

Quads are just more stable that is why they get off the line faster, well and they have 6 gears (banshee) comparing to our 4 gears. Hooking up is important as well too, since they pretty much have 4 of our tires. I went to cainville this weekend and my buddies rode my 450, they all have 250 smokers, everyone one of them got off and said "holy shi*" they also said they are way fun to ride.

now the question is, will a 450f quad beat a 350 two fiddy banshee??

• 02YZ426

Posted June 01, 2005 - 02:44 PM

My 426 will stomp all over the stock banshee. If you know how to holeshot your bike good..and keep her pinned then I can see you loosing.

• mari0

Posted June 01, 2005 - 03:03 PM

Everytime I go ridin my YZ is always way ahead of everyone in the straight areas. My bike is a YZ250 and I know it can smoke a banshee. Quads arent made to be that fast..there just not. The bike will have it from the go intil ya top it out maybe the quad will catch up.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.