black rims spokes and hubs 2005 wr450

19 replies to this topic
  • looney

Posted June 01, 2005 - 04:27 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:33 AM

Those rims are pretty nice looking. I've done my bike up almost all black. I haven't done black rims yet because they are so F$%*# expensive. What did it run you for your set of rims or did you just have your stock ones anodized?

I would be heckled heavily if I showed up for the next ride with black rims and still no radiator guards. :) (I'm ordering the rad guards this week Indy :D )

Your rig looks really sweet. Curious of the cost.

• jamesravenwood

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:27 PM

sweet!!
Hey digital soldier, have any pics of your bike, I was planning on eventually doing the same thing to mine - all black.

• Juiceman

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:34 PM

Nice lookin bike! Do you ride it? My plastic looks 5 years old from all the nasty stuff up in the sierras and my bike is only 2 months old.

• lewichris

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:54 PM

that is sharp. I am assuming that you powder coated them?

Nice looking pics, thanks for sharing

• rushfan

Posted June 01, 2005 - 08:22 PM

I wanna grow up to be just like you...how'd ya do it? New rims, or pwdr coat. :)

• strandman

Posted June 01, 2005 - 08:45 PM

Nice job of duel-sportin your ride, and the rims look gooooooooood! :)

• berg

Posted June 02, 2005 - 10:26 AM

Hey looney those look awesome, I did my wheels in a blue anodize I was thinking of going black but settled on blue.

http://i7.photobucke...ts/DSC00056.jpg

http://i7.photobucke...ts/DSC00058.jpg

Phil

• motojason

Posted June 02, 2005 - 11:39 AM

Nice lookin bike! Do you ride it? My plastic looks 5 years old from all the nasty stuff up in the sierras and my bike is only 2 months old.

I was thinking the same thing! That bike looks way too fresh. I had two races on mine in its first month and it looked ready for new body work.
Those wheels do look good though. :) I'm jealous.

• SBK

Posted June 02, 2005 - 01:17 PM

Here's mine - anodized factory rims:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hybridz77

Posted December 01, 2005 - 10:34 AM

Looney how did you get the black spokes, did you really spend 250 bucks on em?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:15 PM

Those are all nice. But those blue ones are friggen AWESOME!!!!!!! I love the way that looks. I have a blue exels coming, I hope they are the darker blue like that. :applause:

• Seabass

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:48 PM

I went with black Excels on mine, but a guy in our trailer park at the Colorado River went with red, and it looks really good!
ps. My bike looks like hell compared to all of your bikes!!! :applause:

• NuckingFuts

Posted December 01, 2005 - 10:54 PM

Im gonna try and do a home made version of anodized rims in the next month or so. You can buy the dyes or even use food coloring. Now all I need is some basic chemicals and a battery charger.I'll post up pics.

• berg

Posted December 02, 2005 - 10:42 AM

Black and Blue,
That dark blue was done by stripping, polishing and reanodizig my stock wheels I think the excels are close in color but a little lighter.

Nuckingfuts,
You really dont want to try that you also need sodium hydroxide to strip the original anodize buff and polish set up and a nickel acetate seal to preserve the color. It really is quite a big set up and I dont think food coloring would yield the results you're looking for.

Phil

• goodluckmonkey

Posted December 02, 2005 - 02:03 PM

My supermoto wheels are blue Excels, and the anodising's pretty dark. The dirt rims will be the same colour. (there's a pic in my garage)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 02, 2005 - 08:26 PM

Here's mine:
http://img.photobuck...orenze/MXWR.jpg

I kinda wished I had gone with blue only because Black and Blue Yamahas are getting to be a dime a dozen. I really like Bergs Blue hoops....... :applause:

• NuckingFuts

Posted December 02, 2005 - 11:53 PM

Black and Blue,
That dark blue was done by stripping, polishing and reanodizig my stock wheels I think the excels are close in color but a little lighter.

Nuckingfuts,
You really dont want to try that you also need sodium hydroxide to strip the original anodize buff and polish set up and a nickel acetate seal to preserve the color. It really is quite a big set up and I dont think food coloring would yield the results you're looking for.

Phil

Ive got access to the chemicals Im just not sure about dyes. You can be sure I'll be experimenting on small parts first. New hobbies are always fun to try regardless of initial outcomes. We'll see. :applause:

• berg

Posted December 03, 2005 - 12:49 PM

Ive got access to the chemicals Im just not sure about dyes. You can be sure I'll be experimenting on small parts first. New hobbies are always fun to try regardless of initial outcomes. We'll see. :applause:

If yor not carefull you'll end up with a garage that looks like this

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/husastarts/DSC00046.jpg

• berg

Posted December 03, 2005 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image

This is what I meant to post.

Phil

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.