Would a layman notice tyre difference?

4 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted June 01, 2005 - 01:11 AM

I'm about to replace my tyres front and rear and was wondering if the average clubman rider would notice much difference in getting terrain specific tyres?

Most of the terrain in my area is sand, however at times I like the flexibility of riding from my house to the riding spot, hence i need to ride on the road a bit.

Ive got an int/hard terrain to cope with the road going part, but i'm not sure how much i'm missing out in the sandy stuff.

Would an average rider notice the difference in using a sand-specific tyre in terms of grip levels?

• Strattos

Posted June 01, 2005 - 01:25 AM

I'm specifically looking at Dunlop D756s front and rear. Anyone had experience with these?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted June 01, 2005 - 01:42 AM

I know the Maxxis IT I have on the front of my WR is hopeless in the sand. Actually, calling it hopeless is an complement.

• lewichris

Posted June 01, 2005 - 08:09 PM

the 756 is all my buddies use up here. But for me i just need a tire, I cant tell the difference myself. Good luck

• R_Little

Posted June 02, 2005 - 07:03 AM

If you are the kind of guy who rides a tire till the cords show than an intermediate tire may work best for you.

If you race and change your tires as soon as the knobs start to round off then you will notice the difference between soft and hard.

The big difference is in deep sand and Mud, you can really appreciate a mud and sand tire there.

Look at the MT44 it seems to work great all over even in sand and doesn''t chunck too much in rocks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.