Small brake light for xr650r? any available?

8 replies to this topic
  • xdirtbikerx

Posted May 31, 2005 - 07:53 PM

I have a 01 xr650r with the baja designs street legal kit on it. its sweet exsept for the tail light. they use a nice light under the fender with a bracket for the license plate below it. only its to heavy, is there any kit or some way to convert the stock light on my bike to a dual filiment bulb? or if someone makes a replacement lens conversion. i would love to mount the license to the back top of the fender, and just use the stock tail light as a brake light/runing light. someone out there has got to know something about doing this. thanks, mike

• Max Power

Posted May 31, 2005 - 08:22 PM

I have a 01 xr650r with the baja designs street legal kit on it. its sweet exsept for the tail light. they use a nice light under the fender with a bracket for the license plate below it. only its to heavy, is there any kit or some way to convert the stock light on my bike to a dual filiment bulb? or if someone makes a replacement lens conversion. i would love to mount the license to the back top of the fender, and just use the stock tail light as a brake light/runing light. someone out there has got to know something about doing this. thanks, mike

Posted Image

You mean like this :)

• ponq

Posted May 31, 2005 - 08:36 PM

Yes like that :)

Is there a write up?

• captb

Posted May 31, 2005 - 08:37 PM

I got a side marker bulb and socket at the auto parts and trimmed it down and piggybacked it on the existing stock bulb, works great, about 5 bucks. Had the same setup in my XR600Rs for years with the same bulb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted May 31, 2005 - 09:05 PM

Yes like that :D

Is there a write up?

No. But............ :D

I just jammed the B/D bulb and socket under the OEM lens.

And I did that with just 2 beer. Actually, you can still see the stainless fasteners...... the remnants of the original B/D install.

Sure I could go LED but I'm old fashioned. :)

As for the plate.... well......... :)

• goblin127

Posted June 01, 2005 - 05:10 AM

Fourstrokes only sells a xr style brake light for 28 bucks. These people are hard to get a hold of but the light was worth it.

• indy16

Posted June 01, 2005 - 05:23 AM

I have a 650L and wanted a smaller look too, so I bought an acerbis cover off of ebay. It had two 7w bulbs in it that were pretty useless.

I went to a bike shop and bought a set of dual filament blinker/ running lights for a sport bike, cannibalized it, fitted the dual filament socket into the acerbis cover and after a little tweaking it works.

I even fashioned a reflector / shield out of an aluminum can to help direct the light behind me. It also fives a little more protection against interior water since there isn't a good seal on the fender.

Hope it helps

• xdirtbikerx

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:57 AM

Awsome, this is a great web site! this is just the kind of info. i was hoping to get, thanks for the great ideas!, mike

• KeithBoyd

Posted June 01, 2005 - 10:54 AM

Acerbis do one ....it uses two wee bulbs...one for braking and one for tail light....direct fit...soft opague plastic..not hard...try their website...I got one for €18.00....what ever that is in $.....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.