93' Xr600 Back Fires

3 replies to this topic

Posted May 31, 2005 - 04:59 PM

I have a 93' honda XR600. It starts fine, idles fine. Once it gets warmed up it begins to back fire alot and wants to stall. I have to keep it reved up to keep it from stalling. Once it has stalled and is warmed up it's difficult to start again. I've tried changing the fuel mixture, and that didn't help. Has anyone else ever had this problem. If so could you head me in the right direction. Electrical problem, timing, air leak???? Thanks in advance...

• miguelitro

Posted May 31, 2005 - 05:18 PM

air leak maybe...try the old carb cleaner around the air boot trick?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted May 31, 2005 - 05:22 PM

Sounds like the carb needs cleaning, pilot jet is probly plugged.......

• captb

Posted May 31, 2005 - 08:49 PM

If it runs fine cold, and choking it doesn't make a difference, maybe the coil gets hot and arcs, might start it in a dark garage and watch around the coil when it backfires and see if theres any arcing spark, check spark plug, lokk at all wiring and connectors and grounds.

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.