woods exhaust

3 replies to this topic
  • looney

Posted May 31, 2005 - 06:38 AM

2005 wr450 with all the free mods done and a james dean installed could you help me out and let me know which exhaust muffler is best for the woods my stock exhaust does not sound good and i here that after market exhaust really helps out.

• Dano426

Posted May 31, 2005 - 10:49 AM

I have heard that Michigan is very strict about sound levels and want you to be under 93 db. All of the pipes will out perform you WR pipe, but will also raise the noise.

You have two options
1. WhiteBrothers E2
2. FMF Q - New versions a quieter

I have one of the older Qs on my YZ426 and have not need to re-pack it for over two years. Still under 96 db.

If you can find one on Ebay is your best bet. TT sells E2s for a good price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted June 05, 2005 - 11:17 AM

Thunder Alley, if you can get one quiet enough.

• mnovarossi

Posted June 05, 2005 - 11:26 AM

FMF Q, I have one and I really like it. Quieter than stock and still makes decent power.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.