Oil overfill

3 replies to this topic
  • RELL

Posted May 30, 2005 - 11:34 PM

Changed my oil and filter and for some stupid reason replaced with 2.2 litres instead of 1.2 litres,didn't realise till after 10 miles.
There was some oil just starting to enter airbox via the rerouted cam breather Dropped oil to correct level,cleaned breather pipe and airbox.

What damage could i have done to my engine.

WR450F

• Slowmotion426

Posted May 30, 2005 - 11:52 PM

I don't think you hurt it. There's been many posts on here with stories like that. And I haven't heard of anyone getting any damage out of it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted May 31, 2005 - 03:01 AM

'she'll be right, mate' <-- Aussie saying for there is nothing wrong with it.

• Gadsen

Posted May 31, 2005 - 07:38 AM

No harm, maybe an oily air box. Too much oil is much better then not enough. You only need to drop it to the proper level. Remember, its still a dry sump, the surplus can fill the resivoir to a certain extent anyway. Extra beyond that just gets into the crankcase/gearbox, maybe whipped to a little foam and robbed a little top end power. Critical on a insert type bearing, not as critical on a ball bearing system like the WR's have. Should be just fine! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.