650L suspension knowledge needed

2 replies to this topic
  • XRKING

Posted May 30, 2005 - 08:16 PM

My suspension seems very soft. I weight 235 and was going to get springs more suited for my weight. Also I was thinking about re-valving the forks and shock. Has anyone done this or maybe just one or the other. Did it help or make things worse? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Supplicate

Posted May 30, 2005 - 08:19 PM

even though I don't have a 650L, I have gone to stiffer springs with the R, going to either revalve them myself or send my suspension to Precision Concepts this winter to have work done.

I suggest doing it with your bike if you have the funds for it, makes a world of difference, for the better. Nothing beats a properly set up and tuned suspension.

• jlpskydive

Posted May 31, 2005 - 03:23 AM

The L is sprung from the factory for a 170 pound rider. The only way you will get it right for you is to respring it. XR's only has a good setup, but you may want to check for a local racer that does work on the side that's what I'm doing now.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.