Oil Site Tube

18 replies to this topic
  • Kritter

Posted May 30, 2005 - 05:17 PM

Very simple install...once I have them tested in Baja as well as on my dually commuter and some D37 bikes to prove that this thing will take some serious abuse, I will have a few freebies available for customer feedback on the ease of installation, etc...before I offer them to the public.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• don87xr600

Posted May 30, 2005 - 05:35 PM

I'll test one!

• motomajor

Posted May 30, 2005 - 05:58 PM

so how do i qualify for one of those bad boys? that is really neat!!!

• JackAttack

Posted May 30, 2005 - 06:27 PM

Pick me!!!!

I'll abuse it for ya, give some good feedback. :)

Why did'nt you route the tube between the overflow and the in-line? Looks like it would be protected better. Hey, look at that good feedback already, and I don't even have it yet. :)

:D

• frankstr

Posted May 30, 2005 - 07:02 PM

I'm willing to test one, I'm going to ride a 60 mile cross country trip tomorrow. :) one way ...
what about the chips from tapping the holes, doe's grease work good enough..

• Supplicate

Posted May 30, 2005 - 07:33 PM

oooo! oooo!! pic me!!!

I wreck at least twice per ride!! I can really abuse it!!!

I am |--| close to buying one anyway :)

• qadsan

Posted May 30, 2005 - 07:53 PM

...what about the chips from tapping the holes, doe's grease work good enough..

The grease works good enough when slowly drilling / tapping, but I still change the oil just to be safe on the bikes I've installed these kits on. They work well and hold up just fine for the long haul. It's a great mod :)

• XR4DEZ

Posted May 30, 2005 - 07:55 PM

I want the one Honda uses on their Baja bikes, with the sight glass in the existing tube.

• Max Power

Posted May 30, 2005 - 08:27 PM

I'm willing to test one, I'm going to ride a 60 mile cross country trip tomorrow. :) one way ...
what about the chips from tapping the holes, doe's grease work good enough..

The oil screen will catch any of the metal chips.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kritter

Posted May 30, 2005 - 09:00 PM

"Why did'nt you route the tube between the overflow and the in-line?"

The fitting wasnt tight enough at that point which initially I wanted to do, so I had to turn it another quarter turn to get her good-n-tight. My first time working with NPTF threads.

Let me get the goods together then maybe we can determine some sort of contest to determine a freebie winner. I know ive got one going to a SCORE team and one going to a D37 racer...

We shall see.

• JackAttack

Posted May 30, 2005 - 11:05 PM

"Why did'nt you route the tube between the overflow and the in-line?"

The fitting wasnt tight enough at that point which initially I wanted to do, so I had to turn it another quarter turn to get her good-n-tight. My first time working with NPTF threads.

I understand. :) Hopefully you can get one with long enough threads that you can use another nut to lock it in place tight.

Let me get the goods together then maybe we can determine some sort of contest to determine a freebie winner. I know ive got one going to a SCORE team and one going to a D37 racer...

We shall see.

To achieve the most accurate test results, you should definately consider a D31 racer ==========>ME! :)

:D

• jamestoo

Posted May 31, 2005 - 03:31 AM

I wouldnt mind buying one how much are they?

James

• Kritter

Posted May 31, 2005 - 05:47 AM

I wouldnt mind buying one how much are they?

James

Not for sale yet...they gotta be thouroughly tested first. Baja designs sells them for $80 I think, but most people here as well as myself thinks that is too expensive...Once I get the kit pieced together exactly how I want it...I will have a price.

• honkylips

Posted May 31, 2005 - 06:43 AM

Any timeframe on when they'd be for sale? I'm considering purchasing one soon, and was wondering if yours will be available soon?

• pigryder

Posted May 31, 2005 - 05:05 PM

thats looks really sweet send one my way!

• Kritter

Posted May 31, 2005 - 09:01 PM

id say a month, two at the most...I dont want to send out something that isnt sufficiently tested.

• goblin127

Posted June 01, 2005 - 05:19 AM

Those nptf fiting are available,i use them at work all the time.the sight tube is just plastic air line.I will find out where we get them .Most factorys use these on any air actuated equipment.

• Kritter

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:29 PM

Those nptf fiting are available,i use them at work all the time.the sight tube is just plastic air line.I will find out where we get them .Most factorys use these on any air actuated equipment.

I use chemical air line so it is oil, gas, chemical resistant as well as operable to 400 degrees. The fittings are hi vibration fittings for air brakes...

You can get this stuff anywhere, but the kit of all the stuff available from baja designs is rediculous priced and people here wanted a cheaper alternative which is what I will offer...after its proven. Just cuz it works on air actuated equipment doesnt mean it works for 1000 miles of whoops, cactus, rocks, crahses and overheating.

• goblin127

Posted June 01, 2005 - 07:52 PM

I use the same stuff your useing.you will find its even tougher than all of that and more.I have found this stuff 25 years old,inside some pretty nasty places and its still there cuz I cant reach it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.