What's that sound?

5 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted May 30, 2005 - 01:39 PM

Did some fire trails and diamond climbs over the weekend and was hearing a sound from my bike that I've never heard before. It kind of sounded like a table saw blade running. I let my cousin ride it ( who is a master wrench ), and even he was puzzled. Then I said, " could it be the new skid plate"? AH HA!!! It was the sound of the bottom end reverberating back up at me...sigh.
Has anyone else heard this??? :) At first I thought my bike was coming apart. But, now I'm pozzy it's the skid plate. :D

• endurodog

Posted May 30, 2005 - 03:31 PM

I had that happen with the rear of my skid plate on my CRF. I cut a couple of rubber pieces from a old tube and siliconed it on where the frame was rubbing the frame. Took care of the noise.

• jasilva

Posted May 30, 2005 - 08:29 PM

Where's the pics from the weekend? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted May 31, 2005 - 02:07 AM

yep, the rubber trick works well. I'd advise using contact adhesive

• rushfan

Posted May 31, 2005 - 03:14 AM

Hey Silva. I tried sending a zip file but it took too long to load so I gave up. :) I'll try again to night.

• simch

Posted May 31, 2005 - 03:24 AM

They bouce all the noise upwards so make a right clatter!
But strangely enough I had a funny noise occur on the weekend too, doing some fast raod mileage between trails, and it was the skid plate gone loose! I lost one bolt and another was on its way out, with the top and bottom ones loosesned too. Two days of mental rock climbs had beeaten it so bad, it tried to fall off the bike for a rest I reckon!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.