2006 YZ450f

33 replies to this topic
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 08, 2005 - 07:18 AM

Black rims and hurricane kit retro

I 2nd Pavelkod's notion. Black rims with a Hurricane Kit + the aluminum frame. I would buy one for sure! :)

• Thumper38

Posted June 08, 2005 - 07:44 AM

I was told that they are going to be an early release to beat the other maufacturers so take it for what it is worth! late July is what I heard.

• Unibomber

Posted June 08, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Wow, I dont buy the early release, lots of changes mean delays. I would rather have them release it in December with less bugs than an early release with all kinds of first year production oopsies. But it never fails there will be a clutch chatter, or a sticky gear, woodruf key, somthing, thats why I will not buy a first year bikes, :)

Gotta make my '04 last until the '07s come out :) Dont be a test rider.

• bedell99

Posted June 08, 2005 - 10:10 AM

Uni you got the right idea, but even though I'm a honda guy, yamaha seems like it always puts out a quality first year effort.

Erik

• Daz_426_02

Posted June 08, 2005 - 10:26 AM

I thought it was the 1st of July they were released?

• bedell99

Posted June 08, 2005 - 12:43 PM

Daz it always in the middle of June they release info on the bikes.

Erik

• Ga426owner

Posted June 08, 2005 - 02:10 PM

I thought it was the 1st of July they were released?

Nah it is more like sept/oct that they start coming to dealers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GENE426

Posted June 08, 2005 - 02:33 PM

The Frames Are Not Going To Be Painted And They Are Suppost To Be The Same As The 05 Yz125 But The Reveals On The Side Will Be On The Inside And It Looks Like The Gas Tank And Rad Covers Are Like The Honda
Finally
I Have To Put Graphics On The Tank And Rad Covers

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 08, 2005 - 04:27 PM

If you look and see what the Euro GP is runing then that is what will hit the Showrooms in Sept.

MotoGP does not have the same production rules as the AMA. If the AMA would drop that crappy rule then we might see the pro's with the next best thing each year......

• Ga426owner

Posted June 09, 2005 - 05:31 AM

If you look and see what the Euro GP is runing then that is what will hit the Showrooms in Sept.

MotoGP does not have the same production rules as the AMA. If the AMA would drop that crappy rule then we might see the pro's with the next best thing each year......

Evert's is not running the Alum Frame YZF this year -
you can check the pictures at
http://www.motocrossmx1.com
That whole series is in shambles as the FIM does not pay the riders anymore money - they have to pay to race. It is a real mess and could spell the end to MX in it's current form in Europe -

A lot of the top riders are announcing to come over here to race if this does not change. Ben Townley is coming for sure.

• bedell99

Posted June 09, 2005 - 05:37 AM

Ga426 they ususally don't hit the showrooms till fall, but the infomation regarding the new units are always release right before the dealers how and that is always in the middle of june. I'll admit I'm a honda guy, but the yz450f really intrigues me this year as I always loved the yzf's reliablity.

Erik

• SoCalYZF

Posted June 09, 2005 - 08:48 AM

The new YZF's are going to be the sh*t. However, you think Yanaha will raise the price on this beautiful little gem? :)

• Unibomber

Posted June 09, 2005 - 09:09 AM

Hope they can get the center of mass down and a 5th gear, that would be the bomb, and I would not do what ive been thinking of doing, which is sampling a red bike in the years to come, come on Yamaha GET R DONE. :)
Keeping the oil in a wet sump, the alum frame and moving the engine down might do the trick.

Cant beat a bike that has zero engine problems with two hare scramble seasons under its belt, '04 yz450...........

• Heckler

Posted June 09, 2005 - 09:20 AM

They do not appear to be the same. The new YZF frame appears to be a perimiter (sp?) frame, like the Honda. Notice how the tank sits inside the frame spars, unlike the 2-stroke frame which still has a single tube backbone. This new (old Honda) style is the answer to lowering the seat height and center of gravity. These bikes are going to kick arse....

Transworld said it was the same as the yz 2-smoke frames, but I'm with you Wyatt, it doesn't look like the 250 and 125 frames at all. Its obviously a new design. It looks more like a twin spar frame, but with much narrower frame members. Hopefully this makes it still possible to work on the carb without tearing the entire bike apart.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.