Too Modify or Not Too Modify????

1 reply to this topic
  • WRototiller

Posted May 29, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Has anyone finished drilling out the 3/4 depth holes in their Pro-Moto Silent Insert?
I purchased a 98 WR 400 this spring. I've done all of the free mods, and I must say I'm quite impressed!!! The problem is my track, (in my back yard) is in my neighbors front yard. And with it uncorked it's a bit loud when I'm on my Weekend Stress Reduction Program. I bought the Silent Insert, but with the reduction of noise comes the reduction of power, and I like the way it hits when it's breathing freely.
So I'm wondering what would happen if I drilled out the outer holes all the way? And I hate to wreck the insert if it's not going to gain me anything.
Thanks for any input.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted May 30, 2005 - 05:43 AM

i did that to my pmb insert when i first got my 04 wr450, it works well and is a good medium between the two. it helps the top end the most from what i could remember,and makes it sound like a indy car! just make sure to take off the rubber seal before drilling. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.