need to be taller

2 replies to this topic
  • uk dave

Posted May 29, 2005 - 02:54 AM

hi there
i would like to make the seat height of my 2005 wr450 higher as i am 6`7, can you just swap the shock from a 04 model? or has anyone got any other ideas??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted May 29, 2005 - 03:33 AM

see if SDG do a tall seat for the 05
I have one on my 01 and it's great, also keeps my girlfriend off my bike as she cant touch the ground :)

• offday

Posted May 29, 2005 - 03:34 AM

All I can offer is, most tall riders I know get the "tall seat" and a "footpeg lowering kit" and change out the bars to suit a taller rider. :D

Other than that I cant help ya. I do know that installing a longer shock messes with the geometry of the bike some. I have no first hand experience with extended shocks so don't know how it affects the handling :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.