WR400 high compression pistons?

2 replies to this topic
  • whipit1k

Posted May 28, 2005 - 06:37 PM

It is getting to be time to freshen the top end on my 2000 wr400 and I am thinking of maybe getting a slightly higher compression piston. Has anyone got a high compression top end in their WR? what is the hot setup? It is a stock WR , other than all of the free mods

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted May 29, 2005 - 01:32 PM

I'll be doing mine this summer, but no changes for me. Compression is high enough as it is. Reliability can only deteriorate with additional mods.
Yamaha Engineers spend countless hours in R&D. These engines have such a good mix of performance and reliability, I will trust them and keep mine stock.

• 1rkcooper

Posted May 29, 2005 - 09:53 PM

I just looked in the manual, the stock compression ratio is 12.5 : 1 on my 98 wr400.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.