Radiator guards and overheating?

5 replies to this topic
  • tony1970

Posted May 28, 2005 - 08:17 AM

I have an 05 WR450 and I want to put some full radiator guards on it,like Devols, but I have heard that they are prone to causing overheating. Has anyone had any problems from them or is this just a rumor? Thanks for your help.

• ekrogh05

Posted May 28, 2005 - 10:56 AM

ive got devol gaurds on my 99 WR400 and they rock.mines CA plated so I romp through the streets and it gets hot but what bike doesnt?i dont think the radiator gaurds make a difference.

• curtains23

Posted May 28, 2005 - 10:59 AM

Just Do It..radiators are expensive to replace or repair, the effect is less than 2% so the effect is minimal, and if it is still a problem use a coolant additive (ice cool etc)
Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JTWR450

Posted May 28, 2005 - 11:43 AM

I have them run - in 60 to 85 plus degrees, never over heated. You have a WR, coolant tank on left rear side. tough to over heat these bikes.

• tony1970

Posted May 28, 2005 - 11:37 PM

Thanks! I will put them on ASAP. Thanks for the input.

• 450high

Posted June 01, 2005 - 02:43 AM

I put them on after wrecking a radiator.I had plenty of mates tell me theres caused overheating.The first ride in really tight stuff my bike started to boil.I changed my coolant with genuine coolant mixed to specs and i havent had a problem in 2 years.I would rather have to keep an ear out than wreck another radiator , ouch

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.