? 2005 XR650L lighter flywheel?

8 replies to this topic
  • superflymx

Posted May 27, 2005 - 04:27 PM

Hi I have a 2005 XR650L and I just wanted to know if anyone has ever putting a lighter flywheel to try to get the bike to have more snap? :)

• panaceabeachbum

Posted June 02, 2005 - 08:16 PM

http://www.thumper-r...net/XR650L.html

• zackm58941

Posted June 02, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Thumper racing doesnt do the flywheel services anymore, thats what they told me when I ordered my 675cc kit.

• panaceabeachbum

Posted June 03, 2005 - 07:17 AM

Thumper racing doesnt do the flywheel services anymore, thats what they told me when I ordered my 675cc kit.

Parts failure? or no real benifit? Just curiass :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zackm58941

Posted June 03, 2005 - 08:21 AM

Idk, he didnt say why... Didnt bother me, I didnt want the service done b/c I wanted to keep the low eng torque for the trails. Any compitant machine shop can turn down a flywheel anyways if you want to. They just put it in the lathe, do some measurements and go. You could always call TR and see what they say.

Zack

• panaceabeachbum

Posted June 03, 2005 - 09:04 AM

I think heavier the better also since torque/inertia is my friend, happy with the 675 kit? seems affordable enough. Any thoughts on overheating or noticed a big diff in oil temp?

• zackm58941

Posted June 03, 2005 - 12:54 PM

I'm still waiting on the kit, it should be here tomorrow or monday at the latest, hopefully! I'll post back to my original post when I get it in and running.

Zack

• Lake Cle Elum

Posted August 05, 2005 - 08:25 PM

I had a light flywheel on another bike.....Was a pain......Made it too easy to kill the engine during light braking....

• Captain Midnight

Posted August 09, 2005 - 11:12 PM

The XRL has way too much flywheel weight. Take off about two pounds and it will liven things up. The XRL has plenty of low end pull, a light flywheel will not cause stalling. If you can't find anyone to do it, I'll do it for you.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.