Wiring K&S Headlight switch for a 426

3 replies to this topic
  • lowry

Posted May 27, 2005 - 11:57 AM

Hello,
I'm in the process of making my wr426 street legal and I was hoping for a little help with wiring this K&S Headlight swith in to make use of the Low beam. I've seen some good info on here for wiring the 450 but my wires are just a tad different and it's a little confusing.

Do I need to just remove the stock on/off switch and use the wires going to that (yellow/blue/black)? Anyone know where to hook the blue tail light switch coming from the K&S and if I need it or not?

I would really appreciate any help.

thanks,
clint

• lowry

Posted May 27, 2005 - 01:52 PM

I got it first try, it was much easier than I originally made it out to be. But then my crappy horn died.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ekrogh05

Posted May 28, 2005 - 11:14 AM

yea ive had similar probs.wired my newly street legal 99WR400 last wednesday night and somehow dont havbe a low beam-only high beam.and not enough juice to power the horn.

• lowry

Posted May 29, 2005 - 06:36 AM

yea ive had similar probs.wired my newly street legal 99WR400 last wednesday night and somehow dont havbe a low beam-only high beam.and not enough juice to power the horn.

Make sure you're not dumb like me and wire your horn to the low or high beam so it only works with the low or high beam is switched on. I bought a new headlight socket with the low beam wire in it for 3 bucks from an auto parts store and just wired that in, that alone was cheaper than a pack of spade connectors, piece of cake.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.