little help

3 replies to this topic
  • jamieyz426f01

Posted May 27, 2005 - 08:13 AM

urm when i put my new clutch cable on the other day and adjusted it out, it was fully out at both ends(lever clamp and push rod) i was wondering if it was like this due to clutch plate wear? :) any response would be gratefull :D

• jamieyz426f01

Posted May 27, 2005 - 11:02 AM

anyone :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • deadeye1340

Posted June 01, 2005 - 04:32 PM

check to be sure you have it adjusted properly down by the engine case. You mentioned "push rod" I have not heard that term when referring to a clutch cable. Maybe yours is hydraulic?? Was it working when you pulled the old one off? Correct part number?? Hope this helps.

• jamieyz426f01

Posted June 02, 2005 - 04:08 PM

hmmm it isnt a hydro clutch, the "push rod" i was refering to was the part where the ball at the end of the clutch cable fits into down by the engine case, i have this end nearly fully adjusted out i was not sure about the wear on the plates but i will have a gander next time i change my oil :)
thanks for the reply anyways :) :D

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.