Cam slipped???

2 replies to this topic
  • JaZ

Posted May 27, 2005 - 02:18 AM

Need advise! I recently had the intake cam sieze on my 99 WR, after having the head machined and rebuiling the top end I can no longer get the intake timing mark to line up with the head.
It is either 2mm to low or 5mm to high at TDC.

I thought I may have stretched the timing chain so I replace it with a new one. (No diference).

Is it possible to spin the toothed cog on the cam??

2mm under sounds ok but motor will not start in this position,
5mm high motor starts first kick but runs at about 60% power and feels mis timed

Any help would be great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted May 27, 2005 - 05:09 AM

Yes it is possible and I think it has happened to one or two members here on TT.

• JaZ

Posted May 29, 2005 - 01:09 AM

It shore has slipped 2 and a bit theeth, this thead was helpfull. http://www.thumperta...t=cam gear slip

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.