Tera-Flex on 600R

2 replies to this topic
  • EliJoe

Posted May 26, 2005 - 09:51 PM

I just put on a Tera-Flex type 2 on my XR600R. I have the adjusters on 14 and have clearance! Can't wait to ride it this weekend, as it looks BAD!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted May 27, 2005 - 01:35 PM

I want to get one two ! keep us informed ! what year ? and how much clearence ?

• BWB63

Posted May 27, 2005 - 02:47 PM

I am not here to rain on your Tera Flex Madness!!

BUT, you need almost an inch and a half clearance from the swing arm with the Tera Flex Moto Steel Type 2 (They have just come out with a new type two that is not steel belted)

I found these tires when they came back out for round two of sales, about three years ago or so. They were first sold by Dick Cepek till the mid-late eighties then went away. They are made in the USA (the new one are not). They weigh five pounds more then any other tire. (that will give you fits at higher speeds in the whoops) Last foreever and are DOT. Best all around tire you can get.

They grow as they spin faster, at 90+ they grow up to an inch and a half.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.