WR 400 Carb Problem!!!!!

2 replies to this topic
  • ekrogh05

Posted May 26, 2005 - 09:35 PM

:D I recently got a 1999 WR400. I love the bike and it runs great but one problem.when you go up or down anything steep the engine cuts out as if if werent getting enough gas.Its weird cause its totally fine all the time as long as im flat.(Its street legal so i ride around town.)but if i go to the desert or climb hills the problem occurs.the jetting is fine and the float level is fine.it doesnt get stuck- i think its just something ive never experienced with a bike.please help.any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
-evan :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5valve

Posted May 28, 2005 - 02:20 AM

could be bad plug or missaligned TPS, try disconnecting it

• kirkw

Posted May 31, 2005 - 10:20 AM

my guess is that you have a clog in the carb. Take it off, clean it and I would bet it goes away.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.