xr650l cam/piston ques/survey looking for recomendations

3 replies to this topic
  • Rover31

Posted May 26, 2005 - 09:20 PM

I would like to direct this to the XR650L owners who have experience with cam and piston mods.
I am looking at putting in a Hot Cam in and it has been recomended to me that I may as well put in a 10.5:1 comp piston in. (with a 5mm overbore recomended by one person).

Have any of you put just the cam in and noticed a difference?

I am sure the combo of both is the best but am looking at options and opinions.

I am well aware how some feel that this just reduces reliability. I am willing to give some of that up, but not all, that is one reason why I am shying away from the 5mm overbore.

I am leaning to the cam and standard 10.5:1 piston.
Bike presently has full FMF power bomb system, and a 41mm Keihin FCR (which is great and been available for a long time so why did some of you wait so long for the eddie?) and lots of other mods
Give your expert opinions :) and suggestions like a better cam or the best piston, but tell us why its better than the next choice.
Thanks
Travis

• zackm58941

Posted May 27, 2005 - 07:11 AM

Hi, about 2 weeks ago I asked myself the same questions. I ended up sending my cylinder to Thumper Racing to have the 675cc kit done. I also ordered the hotcams stage 1 camshaft, actually got it brand new off ebay for 133 shipped to me. I should have the cylinder and the rest of the kit at my house by next wed and the cam will be here today. I will post back when I get everything together but I can tell you that Gary at TR is a very helpful person and answered all the questions I had for him. Its a good deal for everything, check out my original thread on thisMy Thread. Good luck!

Zack

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rover31

Posted May 27, 2005 - 09:25 AM

Zack
Yeah I posted this to try and get some more thoughts and to see how yours was coming along.
Thanks
Travis

• zackm58941

Posted May 27, 2005 - 12:14 PM

Okay cool. Yaa, I will deff let everyone know how it all goes back together and runs ASAP! I cant wait, the weather has been so nice and it kills me to have the bike to sitting there doing nothing.

Thanks,
Zack

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.