Dumb newbie question??

7 replies to this topic
  • flintlock28

Posted May 26, 2005 - 04:32 PM

I just signed up for the Hatfield/Mccoy Dirt Days event on June 22-26.
the website says that a USFS approved spark arrestor is required.
Does my 2004 Yamaha yz 450f come stock with one? or do I have to purchase one???

• kevin204

Posted May 26, 2005 - 04:54 PM

You have to get one.

• flintlock28

Posted May 26, 2005 - 05:42 PM

That's what I thought, have any idea where, what type? etc.?

Let me know any cheap sites you know of.

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 26, 2005 - 06:38 PM

You may also need to meet a noise level so check that out before you go! The least expensive way to go is get something like the Dubach Racing spark arrestor end cap and quiet insert, or the same deal by Pro Moto Billet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted May 26, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the info....

• rmracer27

Posted May 26, 2005 - 07:41 PM

I have never been checked for sound or for a spark arrestor at the Hatfield McCoys but there is always a first. SparK arrestor I'm good shape but if they check for sound they might get me cause I have the T-4 from pro-ciruit.

• twellis22

Posted May 27, 2005 - 05:51 AM

I ride the HMTS several times a month and have never been checked for my pass let alone my spark arrestor (that's non-existent). My .02's

• r2millers

Posted May 27, 2005 - 10:33 AM

I use the Pro Billet unit on my 450f and it works great without any noticable effect on power. I installs very easy and can removed without much effort.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.