bogging problems

5 replies to this topic
  • motocross15_3

Posted May 26, 2005 - 04:24 PM

i have a 01 yz426f whenever its humid out or just rained and the bike will bog down bad but it doesnt do it if its dry out. i changed the spark plug still didnt fix it. any ideas?

• phat_450f

Posted May 26, 2005 - 09:57 PM

boyseen makes a quick pump thingy mick bober. supposed to take care of all bogging problems....i think its called the quick accelerator or somehthing like that. I am not sure if its for the 426f.

• deadeye1340

Posted May 27, 2005 - 12:38 AM

You need to work on your jetting. The air, when it rains is more dense, and evidently your machine is on the fine line of running too fat. My take would be to run a leaner pilot jet. Talk to your local shop, they should help you. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motocross15_3

Posted May 27, 2005 - 02:29 AM

k will do thanks

• Florida_426

Posted May 27, 2005 - 04:38 AM

Motocross15_3,
I have the Boyessen Quickshot and the JD Jetting kit on my '02 426 and all bogs are gone. The time spent working through the jetting is well worth the efforts needed. Look in the jetting forum for some specific threads. James dean of JD Jetting moderates the forum and he does respond to questions. I had good luck on my scoot while his helping me through the process.

Bill

• kizzle426

Posted May 27, 2005 - 06:16 AM

I was having the bogging problem. Also it would flat out die sometimes and foul the plug. I moved the little clip on the needle up one and turned the pilot screw out about 3/4 of a turn. The bike runs fine now except it still bogs a little. I'm going to get the quickshot acclelerator pump cover and I expect it will fix all my problems.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.